Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered book publisher. We have developed an algorithm that predicts bestsellers by analyzing reading behaviour.
Did you know that Harry Potter was rejected by 13 publishers and was only published because the 14th publisher’s 8-year-old daughter found the manuscript, read it, and liked it? Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers, Stephen King’s first book was rejected by 30 publishers, and James Patterson was rejected by 31 publishers. We asked ourselves: how many great and talented authors are there who must have given up after a few rejections and never had the chance to get published?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. That’s why we’re building the fairest and most objective publishing house in the world by finding hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
We're a team of 30 hard-working, extremely talented, and highly dedicated entrepreneurs and have raised $5m to level up and get closer to our goal: to help debut authors dominate the NY Times Best Seller list.
Are you ready to shake the publishing industry and revolutionize the way books are read and sold? We are seeking a dedicated Data Scientist who is eager to find the next best-seller.
- An enthusiastic reader
- Excited about discovering future bestsellers
- Strong mathematical background
- Advanced knowledge in one of the following programming languages: R / Python
- Not afraid of writing complex SQL queries
- Some knowledge in Node JS / Ruby would be a plus
- Startup experience is a clear plus
You will be responsible for:
Developing and testing models for predicting future best sellers
What we are offering:
- Your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership.
- An inspirational startup environment in our office in the heart of Berlin
- A dedicated team
- A unique opportunity: take responsibility for and implement your own ideas in a fast growing, dynamic company
Do you want to build the world's biggest data driven publishing house with us?
Please send us an Email to email@example.com to get in touch